Number of Days: 1 day, 09:30 to 17:00. Lunch is included.
Your instructor is available during lunch and after 17:00 for
|This training has not been scheduled this year; it is only provided upon request. |
Call +31 337630636, or e-mail us at Training@ringholm.com.
Summary of course content:
This training course focuses on CDA as the basis for the implementation of e-documents.
This training will provide the attendee with an understanding of CDA as well as some of its
implementation aspects and implementation best practices.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at those that require an introduction to the CDA standard,
designed for those who need to implement it or understand how it will impact their system integration strategy.
Goals of the training course:
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the core components of the HL7 version 3 and CDA standards.
- Find their way around the documentation.
- Explain why CDA is seen as an important foundation for healthcare interoperability.
- Apply CDA implementation best practices
Prerequisites: Attendees should have some knowledge of
data modelling and be familiar with processes in healthcare provider
organizations. Although not a requirement, knowledge of XML and HL7 version
2 will be helpful in understanding the material.
- Foundational models for CDA R2
- Reference Information Model (RIM)
- Data Types, Data Type flavours
- Clinical Document Architecture – CDA R2
- Clinical Statements and Templates
- CDA Implementation guides
- CDA example project (e.g. ITK for training courses in the UK)
- CDA validation / implementation
- Best practices
- Software tools
- Future of CDA: CDA R3 on FHIR
Course Materials: Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as
well as other support materials.
Faculty: Rene Spronk, Kai Heitmann, (and/or other tutors, depending on the location and language of the training course).