Number of Days: 1 day, 09:00 to 16:00. Lunch is included.
Your instructor is available during lunch and from 16:00-17:00 for
informal discussions about your specific area of interest or
|This training has not been scheduled this year; it is only provided upon request. |
Call +31 337630636, or e-mail us at Training@ringholm.com.
This training course is also available on-site upon request.
Additional Information: Call +31 33 7 630 636, or e-mail us at Training@Ringholm.com.
Summary of course content:
This training course focuses on HL7 version 3 as the basis for the implementation of messages.
The development process of new HL7 version 3 artefacts will be briefly touched upon; it is however not the focus of this training course.
Who Should Attend:
This training course is aimed at those that require an introduction to the HL7 Version 3, designed for those who need to implement it or understand how it will impact their system integration strategy.
Goals of the training course:
Upon completion of this training course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the core components of the HL7 version 3 standard.
- Find their way around the documentation.
- Explain why HL7 version 3 is seen as an important foundation for healthcare interoperability.
- Start the implementation process
Prerequisites: Attendees should have some knowledge of
data modelling and be familiar with processes in healthcare provider
organizations. Although not a requirement, knowledge of XML and HL7 version
2 will be helpful in understanding the material.
- Historical perspective
- Foundation: The HL7 Development Framework (HDF)
- Reference Information Model (RIM)
- Data Types, Data Type flavours
- The refinement process: from RIM to R-MIM and CMETs
- Interactions, Application Roles and Trigger Events (messaging track only)
- XML ITS
- The HL7 version 3 publication
- An Overview of the HL7 domains
- Vocabularies and Terminologies (e.g. SNOMED)
- Use of ISO OIDs
- Example domains, with examples
- Domain: Patient Administration
- Domain: Observation Reporting and Order Entry
- Domain: Message wrappers (messaging track only)
- Country level implementation guides
Course Materials: Ringholm will provide each participant with handouts containing all materials covered in the training as
well as other support materials.
Faculty: Rene Spronk, Kai Heitmann, (and/or other tutors, depending on the location and language of the training course).